Brief thought on gift of tongue and prophecy
Regard to gift of Tongue; there are much confusion and chaos in the church, however the Holy Bible gives us, the crystal clear guidance…
Speaking in tongue publicly is not advised unless there is interpretation is available. And if anyone feels he/she gifted with the genuine “gift of tongue” then let him/her use it before the Lord, in his/her private prayer.
- “If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn, and let someone interpret.” (1Co 14:27, ESV)
- “But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silent in church and speak to himself and to God.” (1Co 14:28, ESV)
And regard to Gift of Prophecy; People those who feel they have the gift of “prophecy,” must learn basic first, and then how to use it, and where to stop it!
Warning: See the book of Revelation, notably tell us that, “No liars” shall enter into the heaven, instead they shall be thrown in the eternal lake of fire.
“But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”” (Rev 21:8, ESV)
Further, why believe in the Seeking of Spiritual gifts?
1. Do not be ignorant of Spiritual Gifts – “Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed.” (1Co 12:1, ESV)
2. We are not lacking in any gift – “so that you are not lacking in any gift, as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ,” (1Co 1:7, ESV)
3. Promise given for all those who are saved – “For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.”” (Act 2:39, ESV)
4. Last days pouring of the Spirit upon all flesh – OT prophecy: Joe 2:28-32